Microsoft .NET & SQL Server Code And Systems Audit
Microsoft .NET/SQL Server systems are often comprised of many interrelated and complex moving parts – table structures, referential integrity rules and constraints, indexes, stored procedures, views, user-defined functions. They all must work accurately and efficiently with .NET application-side forms, queries, 3rd-party controls, web services, and a properly configured database server.
The root-cause behind poor system performance (and other issues such as record locking, poor data integrity, high maintenance costs, etc.) can almost always be traced back to poor system design and/or code implementation deficiencies.
Why Request An Engineering Code And Systems Audit?
- A critical project is behind schedule and over budget — and you need an independent expert assessment of the quality and completeness of the source code
- You continue to struggle with ongoing system reliability and performance issues — no one involved with the project seems to have any answers, and you’ve lost patience
- You are preparing for the sale of your company. Your in-house database is an important consideration in your company valuation, and you would like an independent expert opinion on the system for any deficiencies that may undermine your value.
- You have lost confidence with your in-house programmers (or an external vendor), and you want to prepare for a transition of the project
- You need to certify your system meets specific industry and/or regulatory compliance standards, and you’d like an independent review to identify any potential issues
- Your needs include identifying areas of your system design and/or implementation that may be causing increased maintenance and support costs
Systems Audit Methodology
With our many years of experience and advance database analytic tools, we use a standard engineering audit check-list to identify root-causes behind poor system performance, reliability, data integrity, security, and maintenance cost issues. Our Engineering Audit team will document the findings, and make specific remedial engineering recommendations to improve the quality and maintainability of your Microsoft.NET/ SQL Server system.
Our expert SQL engineering professionals employ a standard check-list of SQL Server design and implementation methods — in combination with many years of experience and advanced database analytics tools — to identify root-cause issues behind poor database performance, reliability, data integrity, security, and overall maintainability of the system.
Documented Audit Findings And Recommendations
Our SQL Audits are fully documented. Client deliverables include a high-level management overview that describes the audit scope, summary findings and key recommendations, and source engineering audit details including specific observations, area(s) of impact, severity, and remedial engineering recommendations.