The Database Development Project Manager will lead multiple custom application development projects. This position requires someone who is business- and software-savvy with exceptional organization and communication skills, and someone who thrives on variety within a small, fast moving software company environment. Project Management in the PRACTICAL environment is challenging because of the rapidly changing requirements and priorities of our business clients and the changing landscape of technology, and therefore requires the ability to anticipate and coordinate these changes dynamically.
Critical Success Factors Include The Ability To:
- Manage multiple complex software projects by balancing scope, time, cost and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual developer creativity and high performance standards.
- Have a strong technical background, including having personally developed/coded software projects at some point in your career, a strong level of understanding of relational databases including database normalization, the ability to map database tables to the UI, a deep understanding of business-class User Interfaces, and the ability to direct changes to the UI based on your translation of business user’s workflow to a database application.
- You must understand, from beginning to end, software design prototyping, applicability to the business and how it relates to the database behind it.
- You must understand at a deep level, how to make user interfaces simple, and intuitive, even for complex systems.
- Apply advanced problem solving skills, business skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, excellent relationship building skills, and strong leadership and team management skills.
- Manage/track dozens of projects in parallel at different stages of requirements gathering, prototype design, development, testing and Client deployment.
- Translate Clients’ business requirements into appropriate technical solutions, and apply/adapt the PCA methodology to meet Client’s primary business and functional objectives.
- Clarify project objectives and schedule commitments, and ensure a positive, collaborative work environment for the PCA team.
We expect the right individual will be able to help us define and refine the responsibilities for this new critical role, and (ideally) recruit and manage a team of developers.
Project Management experience in successfully delivering custom software database solutions on both the Windows and Web platforms, preferably in a CUSTOM DEVELOPMENT SHOP environment; Led diverse teams of 5 or more people in dynamic and fast-paced environments; Accountability for budget and schedule milestones; Exceptional client relationship management experience; Experienced multiple full project lifecycles from requirements development thru final delivery; Experience with Rapid Prototyping design and development methodologies; Deep software design/development experience, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server and .Net
Please email resumes to email@example.com.
PRINCIPALS ONLY NEED APPLY. PCA DOES NOT ACCEPT JOB INQUIRIES FROM JOB PLACEMENT AGENCIES.