FinQuest by PCApps, in Partnership with Junior Achievement
FinQuest, written and supported by PCApps, is an educational game application offered by Junior Achievement that teaches youth how to own their financial future. The app uses elements of gamification and simulation learning to create a unique educational game-based learning experience. It is designed for users ages 12 to 16 and is available for free on both the App Store and Google Play.
Through mini-games and quests, youth make smart financial decisions and learn how to earn, save, and spend wisely. The app includes four quests, each containing a series of fun activities, mini-games, challenges, and quizzes.
If you’re interested in learning more about FinQuest, you can visit the Junior Achievement website at https://www.juniorachievement.org/web/ja-usa/ja-programs.
FinQuest is an engaging and interactive financial education application, developed by PCApps and offered for free by Junior Achievement (JA). FinQuest teaches essential personal finance management skills, including budgeting, saving, investing, and debt management, through a captivating and immersive gaming experience.
The app uses elements of gamification and simulation learning to create a unique educational game-based learning experience. It is designed for users ages 12 to 16 and is available for free on both the App Store and Google Play.
- Real-world scenarios: FinQuest presents students with relatable and realistic financial situations, encouraging them to think critically and make informed decisions based on their virtual characters’ needs and goals.
- Interactive gameplay: The application offers a dynamic, interactive experience that captures students’ attention and keeps them engaged in learning essential financial skills.
- Customizable avatars: FinQuest allows students to personalize their gaming experience by creating unique avatars, fostering a sense of ownership and connection with their virtual characters.
- Comprehensive financial tools: The application is equipped with a wide range of budgeting, investing, and debt management tools, helping students navigate various financial challenges and build a strong foundation in personal finance.
- Educational resources: FinQuest provides access to an extensive library of information and resources on crucial financial topics, empowering students to expand their knowledge and make better financial decisions.
- Progress tracking: Educators and mentors can monitor student performance, identify areas for improvement, and provide targeted support as needed.
- Collaboration with Junior Achievement: Developed by PCApps and offered for free by JA, FinQuest reflects the commitment of both organizations to promote financial literacy and empower young people to take charge of their financial futures.
How to access
To access FinQuest, visit the Junior Achievement website (https://www.juniorachievement.org/) and navigate to the “Programs” section. Find the “FinQuest” program, and follow the instructions for registration and access. Teachers can also contact their local JA chapter to inquire about implementing the program in their classrooms.
FinQuest is a web-based application, compatible with various web browsers (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.) on computers or tablets. A stable internet connection is required. The application is designed to work on a wide range of devices and operating systems, but it is recommended to use a device with at least 2GB of RAM for optimal performance.
PCApps developed this gaming application for Junior Achievement in Unity (close derivative of C#) as a native iOS, native Android and Web based application.Here is a 1-Minute professionally created video explaining FinQuest: