PCA is frequently engaged by independent software vendors (ISVs) who have
outgrown a highly-customized product offering e.g.
MS Access, Excel, FoxPro, etc. and need to migrate
to a more scalable Internet-enabled platform to support growth and lower operational costs.
ISV migration projects typically involve legacy technical, customer and data
migration complexities, and can be like changing the engine of a plane while in
mid-flight. Customer retention during the product migration period is therefore a key consideration.
Common reasons that drive ISVs to migrate include:
- Poor customer experience i.e. slow application performance, poor data integrity, security, deficient reporting, etc.
- Customers need a true multi-user/multi-site Internet-enabled solution
- High operating costs associated with expensive programming, manual upgrades and customer support issues
- MS Access installations and upgrades costly and problematic
- New features/capabilities are needed, which are expensive and/or impractical with MS Access
- Competitors offering a true Internet-enabled solution
- Customer perception of value is undermined by MS Access
- The business is seeking an exit, and wants to avoid the significant 'legacy code discount'
If your customers have outgrown the limited capabilities that MS Access or other
underpowered solutions can offer,
or you are experiencing increased operational,
competitive and customer support costs, PCA can convert your application to a scalable, Internet-enabled platform using
standard Microsoft application components.
We have in-depth experience
designing and building next-generation software
offerings from complex legacy systems, and providing the types of services that are unique
(and critical) to the success of software vendor migrations.
Independent Software Vendor Clients
PCA has a solid track record of successful ISV product migrations with exceptional results:
a more robust and scalable Internet-enabled software
offering that delivers much greater customer value, with significantly reduced operational costs and complexities.
PCA Can Help You:
- Accelerate time-to-market with a new offering
- Build state-of-the-art, high quality Microsoft source code that is compatible with standard developer skills, and extensible over time
- Devise a rational, well-managed plan to migrate your existing customers to the new platform, with minimal interruption to your business
- Affect a complete knowledge transfer of the new system to your in-house development team
- Provide you with whatever ongoing developer support is needed