PCA PCA has designed and developed several custom Internet database applications for clients in the Energy & Utilities sectors. Our work
includes economizing operational performance, analyzing and decreasing production costs, improving quality of service, developing of new revenue models, and creating new planning and forecasting standards.
Unitil is a public utility holding company headquartered in Hampton, New
Hampshire that provides local distribution of electricity and natural gas in the
states of New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine. Unitil serves more than
100,000 electric customers and 70,000 natural gas customers, and provides energy
brokering and advisory services to large commercial and industrial customers in
the United States.
PCA was engaged by Unitil to provide SQL Server engineering audit and remedial
engineering services to optimize the performance and reliability of its core
meter data management, reporting and billing system.
National Grid (LSE: NG.; NYSE:NGG) is an international electricity and gas
company and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. Its
core business is the delivery of electricity and natural gas.
PCA was engaged by National Grid to provide MS Access engineering services for
its Gas Capacity Request system.
Cambridge Energy Research Associates, Inc. (CERA), an IHS company, is a leading
adviser to international energy companies, governments, financial institutions,
and technology providers. CERA delivers critical knowledge and independent analysis
on energy markets, geopolitics, industry trends, and strategy.
PCA designed and developed a custom Liquid Natural Gas Sourcing and Pricing Analytics application
that allows CERA analysts to provide comprehensive LNG Value Chain analytics to their customers worldwide.
The solution incorporates a Smart Client application for CERA Analysts to manage data, integrated with
an ASP.Net website and IHS Active Directory.
United States Aluminate Company (USALCO) is a chemical manufacturer that produces
high quality sodium aluminate, aluminum sulfate and other aluminum-based products.
PCA designed and developed a comprehensive ERP Smart Client suite, including:
Purchase Order, Quotation, Distribution and Procurement Management
Custom PCA database solutions can encompass
many aspects of the energy value chain, from
upstream energy exploration, extraction and production, thru midstream pipelines, storage and transport,
to downstream energy refinement and associated distribution and retail activity. We view opportunities for
greater operational efficiency along the entire
value chain, especially in the following areas that are considered ancillary to
the core production process:
- Accounting & financial reporting for energy industry operations
- Construction, supply and maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Electric utility SCADA operational reporting and analysis
- Field service resource provisioning, scheduling and QOS tracking
- Energy and utility data tracking, charting and reporting for multiple locations
- Utility cost and consumption data analysis and forecasting
- Generating unit operational performance analysis
- Energy trading and scheduling operations, load forecasting and power market analysis
- Industrial energy consumption, billing, settlement, revenue management, usage and transaction management
- Bill tracking, verification, allocation, targeting, budgeting, bill validation and auditing
- Collect, manage, view, analyze and distribute energy market intelligence data